The Joomla Project is working on a Joomla GDPR compliance oriented release including tools to help you with the privacy of your websites.
Joomla GDPR compliance
The next version of Joomla CMS, Joomla 3.9, will get a Privacy Tool Suite that makes it easier for site owners to comply with GDPR. And for developers to get their extensions GDPR compliant.
The project is working to get the following privacy tools to Joomla 3.9 in order to make Joomla GDPR compliance:
- Consent Project Board:
- get consent of registered users (form plugin)
- track consent of registered users
- log their activities
- take care about the consent retention time
- Information Requests Project Board
Facilitate your workflow related to your user requests:
- make it easier to the users to submit information requests
- track the status of the users requests
- let the user access and download their data.
- Core API Project Board
Provide an API for extension developers so they can report the data they collect and this info can be displayed in the new com_privacy extension
Joomla needs your help!
The Joomla project invites anyone to help an work on Joomla GDPR compliance.
Join the dedicated repository to help in making this release a success for the project.
They are looking for coders to write code, testers to provide quality assurance for the release, copywriters to write the feature documentation.
For more information, see the Privacy Framework repository: https://github.com/joomla-projects/privacy-framework