A popular newsletter extension for Joomla is Acymailing. A digital newsletter is a nice way to keep in touch with your customers and people who are interested in your website or service. However, the GDPR requires you to take care of things like opt-in, data storing and unsubscribing.
Acymailing is a newsletter extension for Joomla which consists of a Component, some Modules and some Plugins. You install it on your own Joomla site. It stores names, email addresses and IP addresses (for spam protection). In the administrator back-end you can see the names and email addresses, but the current version does not show the IP addresses. The IP addresses can only be seen in the database tables of this extension.
Documentation and downloads are available at: https://www.acyba.com/
Acymailing and GDPR
At the moment the developer is implementing some new features to make it easier for its users to comply with the GDPR.
Update May 16, 2018: a new version GDPR related is out: https://www.acyba.com/acymailing/change-log.html
Some general tips
- Check if your form is transmitted through SSL so that the input is communicated through a secured line
- Use double opt-in if available
- Inform (future) subscribers that their IP-address will be stored in the database, how long and for what purpose
- Inform subscribers how they can sign off again
- Sending and importing Newsletter recipients