A popular Software as a Service for sending newsletters is Mailchimp. Newsletters are a nice way to keep in touch with your customers and interested people. Regarding GDPR you will have to take care of a couple of things regarding opt-in, data storing and unsubscribe.
It's an external service. The service encrypts the transport from browser to their server using TLS/SSL.
The service is available at: https://mailchimp.com/
Mailchimp and GDPR
- Where do they store its email addresses?
- Do they store IP addresses? For what purpose? How long?
- Do you have a Processor Contract with them?
A knowledge base article from Mailchimp about GDPR: https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/about-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Mailchimp has some GDPR tools for their service: https://blog.mailchimp.com/gdpr-tools-from-mailchimp/
Some general tips
- Use double opt-in if available
- Inform people how they can sign off again
- Sending and importing Newsletter recipients