The paperless office is a nice concept but might still be science fiction. People often forget that paper can contain personal data and that GDPR applies there too.
- Modern copymachines and large office printers often have an internal hard disk that stores all the documents that you print or copy.
- What do you do with misprints or faulty copies? Do you discard them in the dustbin? Please see the item about destroying documents.
- You might have taken technical measures regarding access to electronic documents. What measures do you take to protect the documents that are printed and stored in a binder in your office?
- How long do you keep your printed documents?
- Recycling old paper documents so that it can be used to make new paper is a good idea from environmental view of point.
Do you use a shredder to destroy all documents that contain personal information?