J2Store is a popular webshop for Joomla. Webshops need to store personal information (like name, address) for legal obigations (invoices) and to fullfill their contract (the order) with the customer.
J2Store is a native Joomla shopping cart and e-Commerce extension. It works in an unique way because it makes it possible for webshop owners to use Joomla's articles as products, it's just adds product details to Joomla articles.
J2Store and GDPR
Recently, J2Store released a free GDPR Compliance Tool for J2Store with the following functionality:
You can use this to ask consent of a EU customer to store his personal data (like address)
- Delete address button. So customer can choose to delete the address stored in the site.
- Adds Delete All Addresses button.
One click deletion of all addresses of the customer (Only for registered users).
NOTE: The address associated with an order would not be deleted.
- A request form that the customer can use to request all his personal data associated with the orders to be deleted.
- Editing / deleting activities can be logged and/or notified to both the customers and/or administrators.
- email notifications about activities in the app settings can be turned on/off
- the activity log can be turned on/off
- More information about this extension: https://www.j2store.org/extensions/apps/gdpr-compliance.html
Furthermore the developer offers some information about how to make your webshop GDPR compliant:
General tips for webshops
- use SSL for your website so that all communication is transported through a secured line
- inform your visitors and customers about cookies
- only collect necessary data
- check for payment providers - they are processors and you need processor contracts with them
- inform what data is stored and how long
- if you store IP-address inform people